Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) known as “crown jewel of Linux certifications” proves the eligibility of candidates on live systems. RHCE certification proves your ability to configure networking services and security on servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux. RHCE is a mid-level certification for administrators who support Linux as a primary server platform in their environment.
Duration:-3 Month (1-2 Hours Daily)
- IT support technician with minimum of 1 year experience.
- Hardware and networking (A+/N+) or equivalent knowledge
- Windows OS basic knowledge is required
Learn Red Hat from 17 years experienced Red Hat certified trainer! Our training covers both RHCSA and RHCE certification modules.
|Module no.||Module Name||Exam name and no.|
|RH124||Red Hat System Administration I (SA 1)||Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) (EX 200)
Single exam covering topics from both modules.
|RH135||Red Hat System Administration II (SA 2)|
|RH255||Red Hat System Administration III (SA 3)||Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Exam (EX300)|
Total 3 modules:
Red Hat Certified System Administrator v.7 (RHCSA = SA1 + SA2)
- What is GNU/Linux?
- What is Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
- Create and use virtual machines
- Installation of RHEL 7 in KVM/Virtual Box
- Basic Unix commands – Files and directory handling
- Create and Edit text files with vim
- Manage local Linux users and groups
- Control access to files with file system permissions
- Control access to files with access control lists (ACL)
- Add disks, partitions, and file systems to a Linux system
- Manage logical volume management (LVM) storage
- Install & update packages: RPM & yum package repositories
- Monitor and manage priority of Linux processes
- Schedule future Linux tasks: Crond
- Control/Managing services and daemons
- Archive and copy files between systems
- Use regular expressions with grep
- Analyze and store system log files
- Configure and secure OpenSSH
- Control and troubleshoot the RHEL boot process
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE = SA3)
- Control services and daemons
- Manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux networking
- Connect to network-defined users: LDAP connectivity
- Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv6 networking
- Configure link aggregation and bridging
- Limit network communication with basic firewall
- Control network security: SELinux
- Manage DNS for servers
- Configure email delivery: Relay emails to SMTP gateway
- Provide block-based storage: iSCSI target and inititor
- Configuring NFS and CIFS/Samba (SMB) server
- Configure MariaDB databases
- Provide Apache HTTPD web service
- Write simple shell scripts using Bash
- Bash conditionals and control structures
After completing this training, you can appear following required exams and get RHCE certification at our exam center.
|EX200||Red Hat Certified System Administrator|
|EX300||Red Hat Certified Engineer|
- Exam Format: All Red Hat exams are performance-based; perform tasks on a live system. No single or multi choice questions or simulations used in exam.
- Exam Duration: RHCSA exam= 2.5 hours and RHCE= 3.5 hours
- Total marks: 300 marks per exam
- Passing Score: 210 marks per exam
- Number of Questions: 15 to 17 questions approximate
- Exam fee: In India is Rs. 12500/- + taxes for RHCSA and RHCE per exam without any offer, but Red Hat may have some exam offers running.
|Red Hat RHCSA-RHCE exam offer|
Standard exam Fee for the students who completed official training at Red Hat Certified Training Partner is (single attempt only): Rs. 12,500/- + Service taxes each.
| Terms & Conditions:
New offer is valid till November 2015: Get RHCSA & RHCE 2nd and 3rd attempt in discounted fee!
§ Both exams (RHCSA and RHCE, 1st attempt ) in Rs. 25,000 + 14% S. Tax (Total Rs. 28,500)
§ Second attempt price will be absolutely free before 31st January 2016, thereafter Rs. 2,500 + S. Tax (Total Rs. 2,865) on each paper
§ Attempt the first attempt on RHCSA (EX200) & RHCE (EX300) on or before 31st January 2016 and Get Red Hat branded bag.
§ Second attempt in Rs. 2500 + S. Tax (Total Rs. 2,865) on each paper between 1st February 2016 to 26th February 2016
De-Coupled offer– Attend any exam at one time:
§ RHCSA 7 (1st attempt) in Rs. 15,000 + S. Tax (Total Rs. 17,175)
§ RHCE 7 (1st attempt) in Rs. 10,000 + S. Tax (Total Rs. 11,450)
§ Second attempt at Rs. 2500 + S. Tax (Total Rs. 2860) on each paper before 26th February 2016.
§ You need to submit the exam registration forms and exam fee in cash at Red Hat Authorized Exam Center personally.
§ The Exam Fee is non refundable; Red Hat reserves the exclusive right to schedule & re-schedule examinations. Once registered and scheduled, no change in the examination date is possible. Once registered, the candidate cannot replace themselves with another prospect.
§ The free Red Hat goodies are offered under a no exchange or replacement policy.